Exclusive luxury villas in the chic Tuscan resort of Forte dei Marmi
Forte dei Marmi Villas features our selection of Villas in and near this elegant town on Tuscany's stunning Versilia coastline. Because of the exclusive nature of Forte dei Marmi, our portfolio of Luxury Forte dei Marmi Villas are only available on request.
(PLEASE NOTE: Many villas in Forte dei Marmi have a minimum rental period of 3 months, some rent for 1 month. For shorter periods, especially in low season , please contact us).
Frequented since the 1940's by royalty and the international 'jet set', guests over the years have included such famous names as Frank Sinatra, Omar Sharif, Lauren Bacall, Charlie Chaplin and Gary Cooper and more recently the town's summer guests have included numerous sports and TV stars and celebrities including Roman Abramovich the Russian owner of Chelsea footballl club. Enticed by its chic restaurants and cafes, specialising in seafood, its designer boutiques offering the latest fashions from internationally famous designers such as Gucci, Dolce e Gabbana and Prada.
Of course let's not forget the miles of beautiful sandy beaches. Forte dei Marmi has been one of Italy's most fashionable seaside resorts for many years, a reputation it is rightly proud of. Many visitors to Forte dei Marmi find themselves relaxing into a leisurely lifestyle of mornings on the beach, long lunches eaten 'al fresco', a pre dinner 'aperativo', before heading out to experience the lively nightlife, in the beachfront bars and cafes. This video will give you an idea of what a Forte dei Marmi summer vacation is like.
- The main attraction of Forte dei Marmi is, of course, the beach, the coast has mile after mile of safe sandy beaches, many of which have been awarded the coveted "blue flag" for their cleanliness and facilities. Luxury service is the order of the day with many private beaches catering to the Italian jet set.
- There is also a full programme of cultural events in Forte dei Marmi during the summer season. Visit the tourist office situated in the "fort" in the centre of town for full information.
However, if you'd like to explore further afield, here are a few suggestions -
- The Carrara marble quarries, where Michelangelo sourced his marble and today is home to many sculptors.
- Visit Lucca, a charming city surrounded by walls. Cycle round the city on top of the walls. Visit the oval piazza or climb a famous tower, which has a tree on top.
- Visit the Viareggio Carnival Museum, it's housed in the "carnival citadel" in Viareggio, a giant complex of hangers where the massive papier mache floats are made. If you are in Forte off season in February, take part in carnival.
- The composer Puccini was born near here and every summer there are a number of musical and operatic events showcasing his work.
Forte dei Marmi has many top restarants, serving exquisite seafood and fine wines. To help you choose, here is a Guide to the best Forte dei Marmi restaurants